Volleyball Victoria Inc is seeking an experienced team player with a sound knowledge of sport development to lead the sport in Victoria
Volleyball Victoria Inc (VVI) has in excess 4,500 individual members and 40 affiliate Associations, Clubs, and Academies across the State. VVI works directly, and with stakeholders in the community, to develop, grow, and deliver volleyball to all ages and abilities.
This varied and challenging role will have responsibility for:
- Coordinating and supporting all elements of the State Team programs, including coach selections, trials, program content, and logistics
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing junior development programs, including Spikezone and Sporting Schools
- Leading the establishment and implementation of a regional association development officer initiative
- Identifying, supporting, and coordinating relevant coach and official education & training, including gaining and maintaining accreditation
- Assisting in the development and delivery of participation programs (eg CALD, Access for All Abilities, etc)
- Managing the financial and physical resources of sport development
The successful candidate will be required to immediately commence coordinating the State Team program, including trials and coach selection for the Australian Junior Volleyball Championships.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with a focus on sport development and a desire to contribute to the growth of volleyball in Victoria, positively impacting people’s wellbeing, health, and fitness. Previous experience in volleyball would be an advantage but is not mandatory.
Click here to view the full advertisement on Sportspeople
Position Description with Key Selection Criteria
To obtain more information about this role, please contact Geoff Rietschel, General Manager, on (03) 9794 0009 or apply by forwarding your resume and application letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5:00pm Friday, 14 April, 2017.